Mar 1, 2009

"DRIVE ON"

Is it just me, or does it seem like 2009 is going really fast? Wasn't I just watching the ball drop in Times Square a few nights ago? Time flies when you're having fun, I suppose. So, let us take a moment to reflect on February.

My guest video post went up at OnlineShoes.tv, and it was a hill of fun to tell stories I attached to different shoes. Watch for another shoe video shortly. Or, maybe a few more? Stay tuned.

Then, I read at a very special Reading Under the Influence to celebrate Chicago's role as host-city for AWP this year. I read my essay about the time I ran into Morrissey and accidentally screamed in his face, which went over pretty well. We all got along we well, I joined the crew as a regular at RUI.

I snagged a spot in the Six Sentences Volume 2 anthology with my micro-story, The Brightness of The Awful Year. (See Volume One here.)

The new Pilcrow Lit Fest site was unveiled, from Mommasboy Design.

And speaking of AWP, since there were so many litty types running around town, I found myself at so many fun events, the highlights being the aforementioned RUI event, the Coconut Poetry reading at Myopic Books, and the Dzanc Books party at Flatfile Gallery.

Author Ben Tanzer stopped by, or, rather, I brought him in live via satellite as I did the red carpet coverage of his virtual book tour.

In mere days, I'm taking part in an event called Sleepover 2.0, which will be able to be viewed live online on March 7th for eighteen hours, and as a result of all the planning done in February, it's going to be really great.

And, I spent the last night of the month at the Tel Aviv Couture trunk show in a 49th-floor glass studio here in Chicago, a gorgeous view of the city to be sue, for a project I'll share soon enough.

1 comment:

Joe said...

"Is it just me, or does it seem like 2009 is going really fast?"

It's not just you. It's flying.