Dec 27, 2006

"I DON'T MIND IF YOU FORGET ME (JUST FOR TODAY)"

Hi kids. I'm under a wicked deadline today. Correction, I'm under three deadlines today. Not that I'm complaining. I'll take them all. I love them! Hooray! Deadlines!

Anyway, wanted to check in. CF&M (Chinese Food and a Movie) Day went swimmingly. Found a decent platter of General Tso's tofu with my name on it and nearly peed myself watching Borat. If you haven't seen it yet, do yourself the favor. Very niiiice! I lost my phone (again) for a few hours, but got that all worked out. Yesterday, I ran the streets naked, tattooed a lightbulb on my head, had wild sex, spit Ouzo on stranger, did a trapeze act, led a parade, flew a helicopter to a top-secret mission in the Congo, set a manuscript on fire, won the Nigerian lottery, sued all of my friends, bought a mansion, showered in $100 bills, raced cars with a cop and threw a sofa out my window. Okay, no. Yesterday was pretty low-key, too.

See, not much to tell.

Just like right before Rosh HaShanah and my birthday, I am in full-on nesting mode in anticipation of 2007, which is lethal when mixed with a deadline. These tabula rasa holidays always make me want to clean out every closet and drawer and polish and tidy and organize and dust, just to start off in the right mindset as the new leaf turns over. I don't have plans for NYE. At this point, making myself a stunningly delicious dinner and soaking in the tub sounds about perfect. Ahhh...

But, I must get back to my deadline. I'm close, but maybe a little unfocused. The urge to clean is sometimes just too great.

There is a moving van in front of my building, but I can't tell if someone is moving in or out. All I hear is clunk, clunk, clunk...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And if you're really nice, Amy will want to clean YOUR house too! ;)
Totally with you on NYE. I started to contemplate going to a party, but it quickly passed. Low-key is the word, m'dear.

Anonymous said...

How about a Low-key party with moi and some of my friends. Close enough to call it night early...