Oct 19, 2007

"GOLDEN LIGHTS, DISPLAYING YOUR NAME"

So, I like all sorts of music, and you know, I'm more into the old western swing kind of country (Waylon, Conway and co.) than I am into the pop country, but check this out! When someone is loving what they're playing, it show and that translates into quality music. Yes? Yes. The singer, Andy Childs, (the blond guy with the accent) of this band, Sixwire, is a longtime family friend. Check out their smartass YouTube audition video (complete with cut-away confessionals, they're like the pop-country Spinal Tap!) where they discuss their roles in the band, and still keep straight faces.

Anyway, the clip charmed the Fox network and tonight they'll be on tonight's Next Great American Band. How cool, right? If they make the cut tonight, try to tune in weekly and vote for them. It's nice to see a band not taking themselves super seriously and having a little fun, right? Right! Nice guys like them deserve a break. Yes they do.

So.

Click here for free to donate mammography to women in need.

And, and, and, even though blogger Boobie-thon is over, you can still support those nice folks by picking up some of this fab boutiquage. (Or Boobtique? Har.)

Now.

It's Friday. The Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event is Sunday morning. If I can come to the event on Sunday morning with $2,000, I'll be tickled pink. Can we raise $400 in two days? You betcha! But, I am going to need your help. Click here to donate as much or as little as you can to support the cause. That's $200 today and $200 tomorrow. Easy. Please help me reach this goal by emailing a link to this blog post to any friends and co-workers you can think of who might want to contribute. Who is going to give me that first donation today?

Tell you what, I'll promote anything on this blog that you need promoted by writing all about it and I'll do that for everyone who donates today and tomorrow. Already donated? Hook a sister up with at least one more dollar and I'll write about and link to your band, your independent film, your art show, your design project, your book, your whatever. Deal? Donate more than $50 today or tomorrow, and I'll blog about your project twice, donate more than $100 and Ill blog about your project everyday for a week. A week! Donate more than $200 and I'll blog about your project for a week AND run an interview with your about your project. Hello, I get a lot of traffic on this blog. You might as well use it to your advantage. Ready, set, go! When you donate, I'll get an email with your email address on it. I'll contact you and you can tell me what you want blogged about. Deal? Deal.

1 comment:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I am constantly amazed by your taste in things and your likes and dislikes. It's too cool you like older country and baseball too. You rock the planet Mizz Guth.