Sep 30, 2007

"OH MY DARLING, WHY DID YOU CHANGE?"


For the month of October, Bigmouth is going pink for breast cancer awareness month. As many of you might remember, it's a big issue to me, in small part because of a scare I had over the summer, the second scare I had over the summer, and largely because some monumentally important people to me have been impacted by breast cancer, either personally or second-hand. And because, let's not kid ourselves, breast cancer is everyone's problem. Anyway, last year, a blogger I know tricked out her blog and made it pink and I thought it was such a great idea that I thought I'd start doing the same when October comes a-knockin'.

Every post, I'll stick a little reminder to click through to The Breast Cancer Site because you can click through every single day and click a button and doing so helps fund mammography for women who need it and cannot otherwise afford it.

Also, everyday until I do the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event on October 21st, I'll provide a link so you can fork over a buck or two for the fundraising effort, if you are so inclined. Which I hope you are. For those of you darlings who have already donated, thank you, thank you, thank you. We've raised almost $1,200! So now, I want to reach the new goal of $2,500. We can totally do that!

And, and, and I'll be featuring cool products and programs that are not only great but also give a portion of proceeds to fund breast cancer charities, like Yoplait yogurt's Save Lids To Save Lives program or KitchenAid's Cook for the Cure products, to make it super-easy for you to be menschy.

That's what I got, that's all I know.

2 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I love the new look.

Katie Schwartz said...

I love it! I think it's Tits to the Tenth, diva. Last year I did boobiethon. I must figure out what I want to do and fast. It's the first. (Say those last two sentences in a Wisconsin accent, thank you)