Feb 1, 2007

"I DON'T OWE YOU ANYTHING"

Ive decided to focus on my health and my money this month. Not, exclusively, of course, but you know, I think I just want to make sure I'm in good shape in both arenas. I've had a terribly busy few weeks, okay a terribly busy month and I realize that I have been so consumed with work that I have let other areas of my life slide a little. (Half of you shake your fists at me as you read that I'm sure because I know I owe you face time.)

So, I'm sitting here having a delicious creation with miso, brown jasmine rice and so many other organic bits of deliciousness that I prepared for dinner and I just got copies of my credit reports. I am good about checking my credit every year but it never fails that I get so nervous just before taking a peek. Could it be that I base some of my self-worth on my credit score? Eh, a lot of us probably do that a little. I mean with words like creditworthiness floating arund, it's hard not to get your sense of worth caught up in it all.

So...

Just before I peeked, I said to myself You, Amy Guth, are a good person and people like you and you do nice things and your karma is good. No matter what number you are about to see, you are still a good, valuable person and you are surrounded by people who care for you very much. Then, I looked, jumped up and shouted, with such might that a pen went flying, my cat jumped, my cellphone shot across the room, and my chair fell to the ground, In your face, FICO! That's right! Mama works, bitch! Ohh, snap!

Ahem.

I mean, I, uh, am pleased to report my credit is to my liking.

As you were.

4 comments:

Al Sensu said...

Time to celebrate with a fat, juicy rare steak.

Amy Guth said...

Tofeak!

Nicky said...

Boy if our worth in this society is based on credit score I should be in jail. Actually I should be like, an Untouchable or something.

Katie Schwartz said...

mazel tov, bubbie!!!!!