Dec 26, 2009

"STEP UP TO THE MICROPHONE"

I've thought about it and thought about it. In no particular order, here are my resolutions for 2010*:

1. I resolve to host a few flash mob dance breaks, because I think it's really fun to dance.

2. I resolve to host a few more dinner parties and brunches, because I love to cook for my friends then eat and drink wine together.

3. I resolve to ignore perceived limits and really give my all to 2010, because the sky really is the limit in this world.

4. I resolve to bake bread more often, because that focuses and calms me like few other things do.

5. I resolve to celebrate the wins at the gym more, especially as I am still coming back from an injury.

6. I resolve to celebrate the wins in life more often, because the older I get, the faster time goes and if we don't celebrate right away in life, we really never do.

7. I resolve to never again be shy about something I worked hard to accomplish.

8. I resolve to learn three new skills in 2010.

9. I resolve to travel more, especially to spend time with my relatives.

10. I resolve to bring another book into the world this year. Or, at least have the process underway by this time next year.

*I, of course, reserve the right to fine-tune these as I go. I also reserve the right to have a few secret ones I'll never tell. So there.

2 comments:

John Kuttenberg said...

A pretty good list. Positive goals and wonderfully communal over all, but a few questions:

1) I resolve to ignore perceived limits
Since when did Amy Guth ever perceive limits? There are times that I thought someone should talk to you about the limits imposed by the laws of physics that you don't recognize.

2) New Book Whoa! What happened to the book that was already at So New before you became Managing Editor?

Amy Guth said...

Everyone sees some limitation someplace. So imagine what I can do when I bust through those.

That's one of them. It just needs a home.