Jul 6, 2008

"PRUDENCE NEVER PAYS"

People, I have been inside the walls of the Sprawling Ramshackle Compound and it is awesome.

That's right! Last night, Momma's Boy an I attended a fancy (veg and carnivore!) barbeque at the home of Bubs, Miz Bubs, and their daughters, Dystopia the Zombie Pin-Up and Little Deadly Nightshade, and hung out with many other fine people, as well, including Johnny Yen and his lady, Kim, and their oft-blogged-about Adam. The food was delicious, as was the sangria, and a fireworks display may or may not have occurred and a little girl's hair may or may not have been singed as a result. And, Dystopia the Zombie Pin-Up treated me to a bit of her way, way impressive make-up skills.

You know a party is awesome if you end up on the floor trying to play dead in front of a yellow tiki bar, no?

9 comments:

Joe said...

What a blast, and thank you guys so much for hauling out here. I like in that picture of your arm there's kind of a crazy Batman tv show camera angle thing going in the background, bottles tipped over and all.

Katie Schwartz said...

Bubbsie sent me the link to your post. What a fab soiree, so glad yas went. Love the make-up and diva death.

Johnny Yen said...

Julia's hair was singed, but she was kind of excited about it. I quote:

"I was on fire for a second, but they put me out right away!"

All in all, a great bash, for sure, wasn't it!?

Johnny Yen said...

P.S. Congrats on the nuptials! He appears to be a great guy!

Anonymous said...

I just can not get over your zombie arm. I keep coming back, getting creeped out and not being able to comment.

Well done!

Jim Roberts said...

I'm hoping for a quick resurrection. Oh wait wrong pew.

lulu said...

It was totally cool watching you get made-up (and hearing your Amy S. story). I hope you used the arm to good advantage later that evening, skeeving out a 7-11 clerk or something.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Is it wrong of me to say you look totally hot in that first photo?

Amy Guth said...

Uhhhh... maybe a little? Ha!