Dec 17, 2007

"HOW I LOVE ALL OF THE VERY SIMPLE THINGS OF LIFE"

It's Monday afternoon, which means I have my standing date with the cute, short, bald Jewish guy. Today, he grabbed his own junk mid-diaper change, wouldn't let go of it and laughed about it, turned even more howleena when I took his little paws and taught him to do a cabbage patch dance to Dexy's Midnight Runners, then we snuggled a bit:

We were made fun of stupid Linkin Park when they came on the radio:

I declared him the champion of nothing in particular:


Dude, he's almost big enough to wear the Smiths "onesie" I got for him. Oh man, is that gonna be awesome or what? Merms (Mermaidhead) is switching her schedule up a bit, so my Monday dates are going to come to an end soonish, but I've been assured I'll be on the go-to babysitter list, which is great by me. I'm a big fan.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you get married?!?! You're wearing a wedding ring. I will kill myself if you didn't even give me a chance. I would be so good to you, you have no idea. Really.

Amy Guth said...

Jake, I took the photo with iSight, so it defaults to being a mirror image. Therefore, the ring you are referring to is on my right hand, not my left.

But, that doesn't matter because I'm not going to date you, in any case.

Sizzle said...

so cute. i can't wait to see him in the smiths onesie- awesome!

bizQuirk said...

I see you have a man in your life, he is quite a presence, that feller.

I am impressed and overwhelmed.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Too cute. And the kid ain't bad either.

John Kuttenberg said...

Aw ... the two of you are sooo cute together. Maybe you ought to consider ... Ummmm ... Ahhhh ... I'll leave that conversation to (grand)Ma and (Grand)Pa Guth

wafelenbak said...

I love these photos! Best of all is how close both of your expressions match in each one.
Lucky you for being Auntie Guth!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! So cute Guthie!! The Smiths onsie will be on him tomorrow and pictures will follow! You are the beat babysitter ever and you will always be first on my list. I am soooooo happy that you and Bubelah have a special bond. He loves his best girlfriend!!

Anonymous said...

Precious! But what about the poop story? I suppose some things are better left between two people and not the entire blog reading community.

Katie Schwartz said...

you and baby neptune are so darling. I'm all kvelly. What a fun kid to play with. He totally goes with the flow.