Aug 27, 2007

"SOMEONE ON YOUR SIDE"

You know I'm all about building bridges and community, no? Well, here is more community-building than you can shake a stick at.

A bit ago, I went to a WIMN event and met the very fantastic Anne Elizabeth Moore. She just let me know she's got many seriously awesome things happening this week and so I thought I'd let youse know about them all. Because I know my darling readers are into all sorts of things and up for all kinds of adventures.

Tonight:
She will will be discussing the oeuvre of the Elephant Artist at Kitty Moon on Clark, alongside punk band Condenada and guitarist Lydia Moore
Drag after 11, cheap drinks, a raffle, etc.
Kitty Moon 6237 N. Clark, Chicago
No Cover!

Wednesday August 29th:
She'll be addressing the zoology of the Gay Penguin
alongside 8" Betsy (awesome punk band that I saw play at a burlesque show)
and video artist Mel Racho at Dyke Mic 2.0
$10/$8 with a student ID, All Ages
Center on Halsted, 3656 N. Halsted, Chicago
Doors at 7:30, Show at 8pm, sharp

Saturday September 15th:
Hyde Park Art Center and participate in a discussion about activist art and self-publishing called "How We Engage". 11 a.m.

And finally... Featherproof has just released this of hers.

No comments: