Apr 20, 2007

"THERE IS A LIGHT THAT NEVER GOES OUT"


One year ago today, I learned that the manuscript to Three Fallen Women would have a home with a publisher. And, not just any publisher, but the publisher I wanted to work with, and the publisher who turned out to be a good friend and wonderful to work with.

Cheers to that!

If I was a shameless type (ahem), I'd say let's all celebrate by ordering a copy if you haven't already. But, I'm not shameless. I'll be passive-aggressive instead! So, you know, don't worry about it. I'm sure you'll get a copy when you find the time.

Ha! Kidding. I'm a kidder. Sort of.

Most importantly, a year ago today, I knew Three Fallen Women would for sure see the light of day, and that made for a great day. It's been a pretty wild year, but a year I wouldn't trade a moment of.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Publisher-versary Amy!! :)

John Kuttenberg said...

Happy Birthday TFW! No, wait, it's more analogous to the day the rabbit died. Hmmm ... anyway ...

In either case go in the closet, put on those literary maternity clothes and let's get that sibling rocking.

Besides, summer is coming and you don't want to be sweating through the hot weather with long hair (your comment to Ma Guth)

AL RULES said...

congrats kiddo. you deserve everything this world has to offer.

Anonymous said...

What a year indeed! Congratulations!It seems like I say that a lot, huh. You have worked hard and deserve every one of them. May the next year be even more exciting and bigger for you.

V. said...

Is that a photo from Symposium?

Amy Guth said...

Sparkypoo- Thanks!

Wings- "put on those literary maternity clothes and let's get that sibling rocking" Love that.

Al- Thanks!

Ma Guth- Thanks!

V.- It is!

Pretty Pink Ink said...

Amy,

Went to Garden District Books, and everyone says HELLO! We spoke of how beautiful, and how extremely cool you are ... Come visit soon!

Amy Guth said...

Oh, sweet Pink Ink, I'd come back in a heartbeat. Loved all of you to bits. :)

Katie Schwartz said...

mazel tov, bubbie! that is outstanding. what a fabulous day to celebrate. as wings said, "happy birthday tfw"

may you continue publishing inspired, important work that we can all buy-buy-buy and love-love-love.