Apr 25, 2007

"REEL AROUND THE FOUNTAIN CHARRED FLESH"

I could injure myself looking at a paper towel, for crying out loud.

I don't even know what just happened, but it involved an iron, an ironing board that I really ought to just replace (it's wonky), the haze of a head cold and a burst of energy from my cat. Whatever happened, I just got hit on the back of the head/neck with an iron then hit my cheekbone on my kitchen table. BONK! Ugh.

It's like that today, is it?

I'm frustrating myself today. I have plenty buzzing around my head to write down, but with this cold or allergy or whatever is going on, I have the focus of a gnat. I picked up a book I need to finish, read a page, got up to make coffee, took a shower, turned the iron on, took the cat food out of the cupboard but walked away, read a page of the book, wrote a sentence, checked email, blah blah blah.

Oh, Wen-Ti, Chinese g-d of literature, whose task it is to keep a log of writers to best assign reward and punishment to each according to his/her merit! Maintain me on your register of titles and honors and bestow upon me literary favor! C'mon, Wen-Ti, I'm talking a few pages today. That's it. Ten, tops. C'mon. Seriously.

Uh, Wen-Ti?

Hello?

Helloooooo?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouchie!!! Poor Amy! :(
Put a cute little ice pack on that bugger, and hopefully the creative stuff will start to flow soon...

Anonymous said...

1. Queue up cheesy movie.
2. Remove duvet from bed.
3. Make into a cacoon.
4. Wrap self in cacoon and stay until morning.
5. Emerge healthy, wealthy and wise.

or healthier, wealthier and wiser. Whatev, take care of you!

Jack Steiner said...

See another reason why cats should be banished.

Amy Guth said...

Aw, no!