Jan 27, 2007

"MIXED UP 16"

Welcome to another edition of "If It Could Only Still Be Socially Acceptable To Make A Mix Tape, This Is What I Would Put On One This Week" Saturday... Last night I did manage to relax a bit, and make a nice dinner and just chill in good company. Today, I got together with some friends and did a big clothing swap. I got rid of a bunch of stuff I'm sick of, and, I have to tell you, I made out like a bandit. Sheesh! They have been getting together and doing this sor of thing for some time and this was the first time Id been to one, but I had a nice time and, seriously, got some great stuff.

Then, obediently back to work I went! No dilly-dallying, Güth! But, I stopped and made a playlist for you, loyal readers, newcomers... this week, I wanted something totally different. Something maybe nobody would expect from me. So, although I haaaate country music, I think old C&W is kind of fun. So here are some that I love. They make me want to do shots of Wild Turkey and punch myself in the face, sort of. Actually... this week, Accidentally Jewish was laughing her ass off in amazement by just how much of a city mouse I am and just how little I know about anything country or agricultural. So, I can dig on the music, and here goes...

1. From a Jack to a King/Ricky Van Shelton
2. Ring of Fire/Johnny Cash
(remind me to tell you guys my Johnny Cash story sometime)
3. Three Cigarettes in An Asktray/Patsy Cline
4. I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry/Hank Williams
5. King of The Road/Roger Miller
6. He Stopped Loving Her Today/George Jones
7. Crazy Dream/Patsy Cline
8. Hello, Darlin'/Conway Twitty
9. She Thinks I Still Care/George Jones
10. Coal Miner's Daughter/Loretta Lynn
11. El Paso/Marty Robbins
12. Honky Tonkin'/Merle Haggard
13. My Heart Skips A Beat/Buck Owens
14. The Most Beautiful Girl/Charlie Rich
15. Just Because/Freddy Fender
(What a great song)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh city mouse, you have redeemed yourself with this playlist.

Now go read Little House on The Prairie or some other agriculturally based fiction.

Jack Steiner said...

Welcome to another edition of "If It Could Only Still Be Socially Acceptable To Make A Mix Tape, This Is What I Would Put On One This Week" Saturday.

It is not. Damn, I am so unhip.

Buffy said...

Coalminer's Daughter made my list as well.