Nov 25, 2006

"THIRTY SUMMERS"

Last night, I went to a lovely birthday soiree in Greektown. Excellent company, good wine, saganaki, vegetarian mousaka, baklava, good strong coffee. All in all a wonderful night. And, strong coffee be damned, I was totally exhausted when I got home and try as I might to get some work finished, I crashed.

This morning I woke up feeling like something was off, but was unable to pinpoint it. So, I did what I always do when I feel like there is unrest in Amyville-- I cleaned. And, though there is something really satisfying about getting on all fours and scrubbing your kitchen floor, something was still just off.

No phone calls coming in, so I checked email. A good friend wrote to tell me his son is just days into a serious medical ordeal and is having a craniotomy Monday morning to address a brain abcess. Yikes. I wish them both well. How scary. (Refuah Shleima)

2 comments:

John Kuttenberg said...

Wow, catching up on your blog after a long weekend is a real challenge!

Your friend's son will be in my prayers.

Seeing your mother's Thanksgiving comment made me wonder ... have you ever blogged about your parents?

After Mr. Spitznagel's comment about Tom Robbins and Exene Cervenka, I began wondering about how your real parents influenced you. Were they extremely liberal in their parenting or are you an incarnation of personal rebellion?

Buffy said...

Mousaka AND baklava? How does your stomach juggle both at once?

Really sorry to hear about your friend's son.