Nov 4, 2006

"MIXED UP 4"

Hello! I have a dear friend in town, need to pack for a week out east, need to tidy up my apartment, do some banking, do my laundry and do some work, and get myself to the only chance I'll have to see a friend's improv-spectacle... so, things are slightly hectic today. But, a Saturday wouldn't be Saturday if I didn't make it an "If It Could Only Still Be Socially Acceptable To Make A Mix Tape, This Is What I Would Put On One This Week" Saturday.

1. Like A Rolling Stone/Bob Dylan
2. Swap Meet/Nirvana
3. Postcard Blues/Cowboy Junkies
4. The Book/Rick White
5. Hold On To Your Friends/Morrissey
6. Somebody That I Used To Know/Elliott Smith
7. The Clock/Thom Yorke
8. Let's Get Known/The Unicorns
9. Momma Was An Opium Smoker/Rasputina
10. Via Chicago/Wilco
11. Reader/Tellison (Yeah, yeah, but it's thematic to the week)
12. In Houson/Tapes 'n Tapes
13. Opium/Holy Barbarians
14. Burning With Optimism's Flames/XTC
15. The Weight of My Words/Kings of Convenience

2 comments:

AL RULES said...

nice...

unicorns huh? never heard of them

Amy Guth said...

A chap I know tuned me into one song, which led to a lot of Googling to hear more.

Same friend who makes the wicked awesome t-shirts.

(Everyone go buy one of Al's wicked awesome shirts.)