Oct 28, 2006

"MIXED UP 3"



Grrls, Guys and Otherwise of Cyberland, I have an announcement. This morning, not ten minutes ago, I acquired passage to see Morrissey in concert in less than a month. Morrissey, you guys, Morrissey! Bigmouth Strikes Again Morrissey! Oh, happy day! And, because Morrissey has underscored many adventures as of late, Sparky-poo has come to understand my great adoration and is coming with to see me cry, scream, sing and generally go Beatlemania on him.

I honor of Halloween, this week's edition of "If It Could Only Still Be Socially Acceptable To Make A Mix Tape, This Is What I Would Put On One This Week" Saturday has been devoted entirely to all things black, orange, creepy, scary and indulgently goth.



1. Paint It Black/The Rolling Stones
2. Ghost Boobs/Gravy Train
3. Black Sunshine/Iggy Pop & White Sunshine
4. I Put A Spell On You/Lo Galliccio
5. Dead Man's Party/Oingo Boingo
6. Ghost Highway/Mazzy Star
7. Crap Dracula/The Gold State
8. Spooky Girlfriend/Elvis Costello
9. This Place Is Haunted/Devotchka
10. Black Metallic/Catherine Wheel
11. Skull Collector/Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra
12. Bloodletting (The Vampire Song)/Concrete Blonde
13. Witch Mountain Bridge/Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks
14. Ghost Writing/Neko Case
15. Bela Lugosi's Dead/Bauhaus

And, speaking of Halloween, there was much silly celebration last night with "Blue" and "Zombie Librarian"...



At Blue's apartment, I dolled myself up as a nerd, with unshockingly little effort.



But Scully appreciated my nerdiness, the ol' so and so.



Blue's dog, Percy, certainly was feeling Halloweeny in his zebra scarf.



My Chairman Meow, on the other hand, would have clawed my eyes out if I even thought to costume him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that a Zima in Zombie Librarian's hands?

Appears to have been a totally awesome party! And Nerd Amy is TOTALLY different than Normal Amy. I mean, you buttoned the top button!

Amy Guth said...

..um, and severely unnerved myself by making uneven pigtails! Hello?

Anonymous said...

HEE. Good times, good times.
Actually, Blue was drinking something blue. Zombie Librarians only drink BRAIIIINS.
Pics will be up in my corner of the world tomorrow. :)

Nicky said...

Aww, the Chairman doesn't need a costume: he's a BLACK CAT! He's even done adorable-Halloween-black-cat-back-arch ever since I've known him!

Excellent Halloween mix. I am in the process of making my own right now! Thanks for the reminder on Spooky Girlfriend! My only addition to your list would be "Werewolves of London" by Warren Zevon. A-woooooooo!