May 4, 2006

"I DON'T OWE YOU ANYTHING"

Today, was glorious. I was bobbing my head to Placebo's cover of the song this blog is named for, walking again to the corner store where there has been weird shit lately. Near the door, I stretched my arm a bit, as I sometimes have this odd elbow issue. A guy was exiting as I was nearing the entrance and he stopped, snarled, pointed at my exposed armpit and said, "Fuckin' faggot dyke!"

Are you kidding me?

Let's review this again. I do not shave my armpits. I dont' shave them because I can't think of a good reason I should be shaving them. I shave my legs because it feels good. Armpits, though? I just can't think of a compelling reason to do it. I've shaved them before. Big deal. It was more of a pain in my ass than much else. So, fuck it, I don't shave them and have no plans of doing so. It really makes me laugh when this shit happens, which isn't often, mind you, but it is just so damn weird that it catches me off guard every time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed when I read your post, it made me think of several girlfriends in college at Boulder who also wouldn't shave- anywhere. Congrats on your book BTW.

Anonymous said...

this just might be the most hilarious thing i have read all week. you are so hot who gives a fuck if you shave anything at all...

uhoh, does that make me a fukin' faggot dyke...
shhhh.