Apr 15, 2006

"ASK ME, ASK ME, ASK ME"

How is anyone expected to listen to Balkan Beat Box and not dance? And, while we’re on the subject of Bands I Enjoy, I’ve been rockin’ out to Gogol Bordello a bit lately, too. Now, the super-duper thing that I realized is that Balkan Beat Box links to Gogol Bordello on their website, yes, yes, but also to Big Lazy, a band I first heard at Black Betty in Brooklyn about five years ago when I still lived in New York. I loved them then and I love them now. The nicotine song from the 1999 self-titled album is my favorite.

Pssh, you’d think these dudes are paying me to plug, them, but they are not. I don’t know any of them. Just a fan.

Shabbes could not have been better. I shook things up and did things a little differently this week and enjoyed it immensely. Actually, my birthday was fantastic, too. I think this year of my life is off to an excellent start.

No comments: