Jun 29, 2009

"BURN DOWN THE DISCO"

Tonight, I'm heading to the Chicago Public Library for Henry Louis Gates Jr. conversation with Tribune writer Rick Kogan to discuss how personal stories inform our national narrative as part of the Chicago Public Library's Land of Lincoln summer reading program. I expect should-to-shoulder crowds. Yick. But still, it'll be a cool event, me thinks.

Pretty much this whole week is either a literary event or 4th of July thing, not that I'm complaining. I'm going to pop into Powell's North Reading Series final edition (Why is it ending? Anyone?) tomorrow night, and then co-rock my dear Reading Under the Influence on Wednesday night. This morning, I wrote all the event specifics on Chicago Subtext, so stop by over there for the scoop on the three events.

And in other news, I'm looking to interview folks with literary- and/or fitness-related tattoos. Email me.

Also: rather big announcement on the Pilcrow Lit Fest front after the holiday weekend. Stay tuned.

That is all.

No comments: