Dec 25, 2008

"ALL OF THE VERY SIMPLE THINGS OF LIFE"

Happy Fifth Night of Chanukah, readers dear. Hope the lights burn brightly, the dreidel game goes in your favor, and may any dreidel costume you may feel suddenly compelled to wear be, uh, dreidely. (Ha, I found this photograph online, and would love to know the story behind it... )

Anyhow.

Like many, we're doing the Chinese food and a movie tradition. Only, I'm not too gung-ho for any movies I'm seeing listed at the moment, so maybe just the Chinese food part. I have the perfect place-- the dive bar of Chinese restaurants, if you will. Run by a Chinese couple who speaks angry to one another and the waiter but overly-jolly with customers, a menu of oily Americanized versions of Chinese cuisine, and a nearly seven-foot tall waiter who claims to be Polish, but has a Mandarin accent.



To all who celebrate Christmas, I wish you a merry one. In, uh, whatever gay apparel you may feel compelled to don, tree costumes included.

3 comments:

Eric Riback said...

Thank goodness the second-run theater had Vicky Cristina Barcelona and we hadn't seen it yet. Woody Allen and Chinese - the perfect Jewish Christmas.

The best one was the December after my dad had passed away that July. Mom was ready to go out again, so we took her to their favorite Chinese restaurant and saw Sweet & Lowdown.

Anonymous said...

if dreidel girl and tree boy hooked up, it would be the best e-harmony.com commercial ever.

Brianne said...

Oh my, you have an etsy account! How many hours are in your day? Just wanted to leave word that there is still no sign of the mustache spy t-shirt at The Boring Store (any day now!) but my class did get accepted! YOU should teach a class with your 549 hour days and/or boundless energy you must have. I love that place. P.S. I have a blog now! http://litalux.blogspot.com/