Nov 10, 2008

"IN THE DAYS WHEN YOU WERE HOPELESSLY POOR, I JUST LIKED YOU MORE"

I'm glad, dear readers, that you accept that I am always raising money for something. I appreciate your acceptance of this fact. I have a goal of raising one million dollars for charity during my lifetime.

On November 15th (this weekend!) I'm participating in a cool event. Dzanc Books, a very wonderful press run by some very kind people, is holding a write-a-thon fundraiser. I'm simply going to write all day on November 15th. Dzanc will send out a writing prompt that morning, and I'll wake up and begin writing. You can pledge per word, or per hour, or just donate a set amount. But, please consider donating a little soemthing. Dzanc Books does really great work. Donate or pledge here. I've started the ball rolling by making a donation myself.

I am still, of course, raising money for my race for St. Jude Children's Hospital in December. Yesterday, I made the acquaintence of a woman who is also running the same race. If you would consider making a donation to me, would you also please consider splitting your donation between us?

Donate to her here.
Donate to me here.

Thanks, folks. We'll raise that million dollars, yet.

No comments: