Nov 18, 2008

"ALMA MATTERS"

Hello! I'm driving to Pittsburgh at the moment, for the delightful New Yinzer Reading Series tomorrow evening. Do come if you're around.



Well, actually, I'm sitting in a Jiffy Lube picking up a wifi signal from a "DingleDung", because I remembered only as I pulled away from Chicago that I was about due an oil change. So, I decided to stop in South Bend and tend to the matter. There is an awful lot of snow in Indiana, which is quite pretty.

Also, I decided that since I am running a four mile training run today and I'll be driving through four states today that I might divide it up into bits and run a little over a mile in each state to be festive. Might be, say, a nice occasion to commemorate by donating, say, four bucks to the fundrasing I'm doing for the race, too, hmm?

Or, forty. Whatever you like.

Anyway, so I ran a mile and a quarter this morning around my neighborhood in Chicago, and just did a mile and a quarter around the Norte Dame campus, which, I have to say, is really very pretty, especially with all the snow. I'll bet it's pretty at night.

I also encountered a mess of baseballs scattered along the highway shortly outside of Chicago. I wonder about the story behind that?

Ta-ta for now. Next stop: Ohio.

No comments: