Sep 20, 2008

"TAKE ME OUT TONIGHT"

Readers dear, you know how much I love cleaning and having a clean place, yes? Yes. So, the other evening, I had the pleasure of co-hosting a party with Method, my very favorite cleaning stuffs company as part of their Detox Your Home Chicago series. A good time was had by all (as is clear in the photographic evidence and blog posts that have surfaced since) as The Liquid Muse schooled us in making some kick-ass organic cocktails, a cucumber-lime vodka mojito, a gingery-lemony-pomegranatey-gin concoction, a harvest white sangria, and oh, so much other deliciousness.

Added bonus: drinking organic booze makes you silly, but hyper. And, no hangover. I'm sold.

After all the cocktail fun, we swapped in our yucky toxic household cleaning products for their earth-friendly versions. Although I've been a fan of method for a few years now, even I learned about a few new products that rule. Like sweet water dryer sheets that don't jack-up your dryer with (ew) animal tallow or spread nasty gunk onto clothes. Again, sold. Healthier apartment? Healthier booze? Yeah. Win-win if you ask me.

If you'd like to be in on the fun, round up your toxic cleaning junk and schlep it over to the Method pop-up store in Lincoln Park (just a bit north of Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba) and trade it in for goodies. But, they're gone after October 12th, so chop chop.

No comments: