Mar 16, 2008

"YOU KNOW WHERE YOU'RE GOING AND YOU KNOW WHERE YOU BELONG"

Hi kids. Happy weekend. I did some work, I got a nice new office chair (Craigslist yet brand new and fabulous), signed the new lease on the new apartment, bought a new shower head, fed/watered/checked-in on/played with my neighbors cats, Staley and Oz, bought some new eco-cleaning products, took a nice time out in a lunch nook with nice music and warm soup and discovered a new coffee joint is going up in the 'hood. Ah-- did I mention the new apartment is a only about three blocks from the current apartment? It's true. I'm excited to stay in the area. I love this 'hood.

On a few work notes-- I got a donation collector up and running for Pilcrow Lit Fest-- you know, we're in great shape, but we're going to need some office supplies, a few things for the NOLA Public Library benefit party, and that sort of thing. We have a goal set, and anything we get over that amount will go straight to the NOLA Public Library. Point being, if you'd like to donate a few dollars to Pilcrow and help us out with such things, please do. Thanks!

Getting Pilcrow together has been a huge mountain of things to do, but it's been wonderful. I've been enjoying every minute of it, I must confess. When I first started, I didn't really have any expectation attached to it all; I just thought If I can get a nice solid group of fifteen to twenty-five people together and pull it all together with style, it'll be great. Well, I'm thrilled to report that I have almost four times as many people involved. I couldn't be happier about it all.

No comments: