Jul 9, 2007

"I WILL SEE YOU IN FAR OFF PLACES" VOL. II

I made it!

I'm in Sault St. Marie, currently sitting on the sidewalk outside of a very cute (but very closed) diner, getting a WiFi signal. The downtown area is so cute, sort of reminds me of Napa, but, you know, Canadian and therefore more polite.

I unloaded my bags into the building that houses the bookstore/coffeeshop/artspace/record store and was informed that I'll be staying the The Rock Star Room. (Hope I don't catch anything) And, I just heard a rumor that Robert Bondar's (1st female Canadian astronaut, fyi) niece is keen to introduce me tomorrow night. Is that cool, or what?

The trip up was uneventful. I got held up for a couple minutes at the border, but I'm here and that's all that matters.

Anyway, I'm off cocktail it up. Later skaters.

2 comments:

Adam Deutsch said...

If you see any Mounties, can you challenge one to an thumb wrestling match and try to win his hat for me?

Anonymous said...

"...I'll be staying the The Rock Star Room. (Hope I don't catch anything)..."

Just gotta get a dig in there, don't you?
Be nice or I'll arrange for my CSIS friends(Canada's CIA) to plant some contraband on you.
See what your DHS thinks of your cache of Cuban Cigars when you try to return to the Land of Hope And Glory.


Eh?