Apr 5, 2007

"THEY LOOK AT DANGER AND THEY LAUGH THEIR HEADS OFF"

You know, that strange man who threw things at my feet threw good luck at me. I would swear to it. Since I went to New Orleans, I've been on a roll. The minute I arrived! And, now in Chicago, the luck is flowing, my smile is broad, and good mojo just seems to be everywhere.

On a semi-related note, I met many of the brains and some of the soul behind NOLAFugees this weekend, and am reading Year Zero: A Year of Reporting From Post-Katrina New Orleans. Do yourself a favor and order a copy. It's really great.

4 comments:

Pretty Pink Ink said...

Sadly you did not meet society writer Cookie. I'm not sure if he's in the book or not, I will try to see if I can get you a copy of his post Katrina writing. he does the society columns... Starfucking with Cookie.

http://www.nolafugees.com/The%20Booth/cookie%20TWFest.html?id=74&country=us

Amy Guth said...

Yes! He is in the book!

Anonymous said...

I saw you in New Orleans. Everytime I looked up, you were walking nearby, it felt like. I never talked to you, though I was in the audience for all of your panels and reading. Please come visit again because I might go crazy if I never see you again. This time I'll say hello and you will know it is me because I'll wear all grey, head to toe.

Amy Guth said...

Grey?

Uh, thank you very much, Mason.