Apr 30, 2007

"OUIJA BOARD, OUIJA BOARD"



Which one of you düshes enrolled me in the Omaha Steaks preferred customer program?

Whatevah. Düsh. Anyway.

Today, I learned that a favorite bodega of mine is now offering a new "high-energy" cup of brewed coffee with extra caffeine and "herbal energy boosters". Bleh. Something is terribly wrong with us if a regular cup of coffee isn't cutting it anymore. I mean, is there that much pressure on us to speed through the day? May I suggest more sleep and meals at regular intervals? You know what I'm saying?

I also learned today that red high heels are the new Ugg boots. I. Am. Devastated. I saw hoardes of Trixies today with shiny, red high heels on their feet. Some even with rolled jeans, too! Damnit. I love red shoes. Love them. I can't... you know, I mean, then I'll look like, you know one of them. I'm no Trixie. I am hoping this blows over quickly. I can't handle anything Rockabilly-ish being co-opted by the Trixies. Some things they're just going to have to leave to us tattooey ladies.

I mean, really.

5 comments:

"jew" "girl" said...

oh girl, out here, it's the peak-a-boo red heel. I've stored my red shoes away. not that I ever wear them, I just love red shoes.

omaha steaks program? that's so funny. (junior high flashback) as if

thea said...

I will murder them with my red high heels that are rightfully mine.

Wings - john k said...

Ok, it help the middle aged fart time.

When you use the term "Trixies" do one of the two following definitions describe what you are talking about or do you have another?:

1) Lincoln Park Trixie Society definition:

Trixies are typically depicted as "social climbing, marriage-minded, money-hungry young ladies that seem to flock to the upwardly-mobile neighborhood of Lincoln Park."[1] Another description calls them "the women with Kate Spade bags for every day of the week; the ex-sorority girls still lusting after big, dumb jocks; the women who go to law school to find husbands.

or

2) The National Geograpics Definition:

this stereotype describes a "blond, late-twenties woman with a ponytail who works in PR or marketing, drives a black Jetta, gets manicures and no-foam skim lattes."

Amy Guth said...

Pretty much both, Wings. You've got it.

Pretty Pink Ink said...

my Trixie was a bed climbing, blanket hogging, treat-minded dashhund ... sorta fits