Sep 15, 2006

"A RUSH AND A PUSH AND THE LAND IS OURS"

Omaha is cute. I've not yet been here twenty-four hours, but I'm already having a great time. If you ever find yourself here, make a point to visit Reading Grounds Bookstore & Cafe. I arrived early enough to wander around and chat with the owners a bit beforehand, and they are both wonderful, funny, smart, interesting women and the bookstore is so cute and very thoughtfully arranged. Jami Attenberg and I both read there last night, and although the crowd was very small, they were a supportive audience and it was a very fun night. (If you haven't yet read her book, Instant Love, I encourage you to. It's a very funny and smart read.)

Afterwards, a watering hole with Morrissey, Pixies and The Cure on the jukeboke was located, a few new creative friends were made, and a mannerless travelling saleman hopefully learned a lesson about keeping his drunk and disorderly rambling to himself.

Let's hope so anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you got there safe and that things are going well! If you have time, I swear, go to the zoo.

Nicky said...

Wow, I really wish I knew by what means the mannerless travelling salesman learned his lesson! That sounds like something I would have liked to join in on!