Sep 9, 2006

"I MUST MOVE FAST YOU UNDERSTAND ME"

Thursday morning, my feet were in the Atlantic Ocean.



Yesterday morning, I was in Tennessee.



I had a little of this and that to tend to in Nashville, but en route, I couldn't resist stopping in Chattanooga and finding the station of the mythical Chattanooga Choo-Choo. Jackpot!



Isn't that building gorgeous? I went in and took some pics of the lobby of this now-hotel ...



...and thought it would be a good place to pee.



Once in Nashville, I had some time to kill, so Einstein and I checked out the scale recreation of the Parthenon. I had to pee there, too. The Chattanooga Choo-Choo station and the Parthenon all in one day? That's quite a day of interesting peeing, if you ask me.



This morning, I woke up in my own bed. Don't get me wrong, this book tour business is a lot of fun, but it's good to be home with my cat for a few days before hopping over to Omaha. And, my return to Chicago coincided with the German-American parade today, which, as far as I could tell, consisted of a Beck's truck, a Heineken truck and a Warsteiner truck.

My travels of this past week have been great, though. Especially the last couple of days in Savannah. My cousin is so open and silly and creative and positive that just being in her company is a lift. And, it was nice to just be and hang out and talk and spend time together that wasn't at a large, hectic family function and, leaving town, I felt almost strangely choked up. It's nice to know you're related to someone you'd want to know anyway.

No comments: