Mar 29, 2006

"DIAL-A-CLICHE"

Why do I find this so fuckin' funny and yet so fantastic...?

Isn't hilarious, boys and girls, when a scored lover digs her claws in and plays her lost love like a cut-throat game of asshole? Oh man, women, I'm telling you, we'd move fucking mountains if we'd knock off the pissing match and play nice. But, that's just the thing. We're so easy to squash when we're divided and we're hard to respect when we don't respect ourselves, much less one another. I don't know about the rest of you, but the catty business makes me laugh and just shake my head.

In fact, I was thinking about this earlier... it takes so much to get me pissed off at another person. I most certainly enforce my boundaries very clearly, but there's a difference between not tolerating rudeness or a lack of consideration and being pissed off. People are just various shades of reactionary and that's the best way, in my estimation, to deal with them. Every action is really a reaction, no? Inanimate objects, on the other hand. Whoosh. Remarkable. I can sit down and have a spirited discussion all day about various controversial topics and not break a sweat, but I was endlessly frustrated that I couldn't fix my vacuum a week ago. It's really ridiculous. At least the situation eventually finds its way into the funny category in my brain.

I was just listening to "Black Metallic" by Catherine Wheel. That's still a really great song.

No comments: